WHAT DO I DO?
What do I do? Just Read Below its so Simple
What Do I Need to Do? – Four Main Steps
- Register to join the day on the 6th June and be in the World Record and if you like join us in a wonderful song we will record of hopefully 1,000 voices
- Challenge Five (or more) non dippers on Facebook asking them to join you on the day for such a worthy cause and if they dont fancy ask them to throw a tenner in your idonate account (this is setup automatically during registration). Remember this year anyone in the WORLD can attend and also people do not have to be naked!
- Take a photograph of yourself on the morning of 6th June, in your togs and in water (in your paddling pool, in the garden, on the deck, in your bath) and (VERY IMPORTANT) between 2pm and 3pm (Irish Time) upload it HERE you dont need to say anything we just need your photo. The photos are counted and if we get a certain amount of photos we will hopefully set the World Record
- Each Registration is One Photo (please do not send group photos as this is detrimental to what we are trying to achieve) – photo needs to be uploaded to be in the record so remember – (VERY IMPORTANT) between 2pm and 3pm upload it HERE
World Record and Song
We hope that we will achieve this World Record and we will announce it live on our Facebook Event. We will also share The Path Chooses You which you will all have to record. All details on Song Below.
Lets try make it as fun as possible with having a few friends over, get some buzz going, set up some Zoom calls if you are far away. Body Art, Flowers in the hair lets make it just great and prove that we can still have fun in this terrible time the world is going through. Challenge people overseas, see if the neighbours want to do a road party on the morning of 6th June – sure the world is your oyster.
How do we actually get the World Record?
Photograph yourself (Only one individual per photo) in a body of water (Bath, Pool, Ocean, Shower, big bucket and other ideas you may have. You HAVE to upload your photo to Our Facebook Event between 2pm and 3pm.
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART – MAKE SURE YOU UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS BETWEEN 2PM AND 3PM. OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT COUNT AND WE NEED EVERY PHOTO TO COUNTY TO TRY AND GET THIS RECORD – COME ON LADIES – JUST UPLOAD BETWEEN 2pm and 3pm– WE GOT THIS!
- How Do I Register– officially register HERE at a cost of €27.95 all proceeds go to Aoibheanns Pink Tie – The National Children’s Cancer Charity
- Involve Friends – try ask as many friends on Facebook to join you – Challenge five ladies (and more) who have never dipped to join you on the day or if not interested maybe they would donate a tenner to your idonate account. You can use your own idonate account which is set up when you register or you can advertise the the main one www.idonate.ie/virtualdip
- Date– 6th June 2020
- Time– Tune into Today FM from 8am where Alison Curtis will be giving us a huge plug that is on till 11am. Invite a couple of friends over to your garden, your deck, your green make a morning out of it. Take each others photos, have a tipple or too – weather is looking good too!!
- How do we get the Record – Photos HAVE to be uploaded to Our Facebook Event between 2pm and 3pm (Irish Time)
- Is it just ladies?– yes this is a women only event (sorry lads)
- Age Restrictions – we are keep this to adults only so over 18s please
- Where is it on?– wherever you want it to be… your bath, your shower, the green, local beach, local swimming spot, paddling pool
Sing with Us – Join a Thousand Voices
- Launch of new song “The Path that Chooses You” by Irish singer-songwriter Ollie Cole from Meath – who has featured on Other Voices and song was written from words of cancer survivors and their thoughts on cancer
- Check out our Song Section which has the video and words for you to learn (kindly done by Sea of Change Choir and their Musical Director Ian Brabazon
- Three Online rehearsals with Sea of Change Director Ian Brabazon
- Video explaining how you record your own voice and send it in to be part of the song
- Upload of Whats App files of everyone singing, including the Sea of Change Choir singing this – compiled, produced and launched on the evening of Saturday June 6th on both our national airwaves and online.
What Happens Next?
- After 3pm sit back and relax, enjoy the company of your friends, the craic on Facebook, or hook up with people on zoom
- We hope at 5pm (roughly) to have a decision from our World Record Adjudicator to confirm if we have broken the Record
- If we have! Crack open that Bubbly – A World Record Holder you are now and for a lot of us a Two Time World record Holder
- At 6pm we hope to be able to release our new song – the song WE all created – it will be played Live on Social Media and we are hoping maybe even on the Tele!
I think that is quite enough for one day? Don’t you think? Ladies lets hope we all have a wonderful day. Please try involved as many ladies as possible and lets try raise as many funds as we possibly can for Aoibheanns Pink Tie.